Work in progress:
* Violence and risk aversion revisited: Evidence from a global dataset, joint with Ferdinand Vieider.
Working papers under review:
* Violence and female labor supply. IZA DP version.
* Are Drone Strikes Effective in Afghanistan and Pakistan, joint with David Jaeger. Earlier IZA DP version. CESifo Economic Studies, 2018, 64(4), 667-697.
Media Coverage: Foreign Policy.
* The Economic Payoff of Name Americanization, joint with Costanza Biavaschi and Corrado Giulietti. Earlier IZA DP version. Journal of Labor Economics, 2017, 35 (4), 1089-1116.
Media Coverage: Freakonomics blog, Chris Blattman, The Economist (1–2), Slate and Financial Times (March 31, 2014).
* Randomized control trials in an imperfect world. IZA World of Labor, 2014.
* Partially Identified Treatment Effects Under Imperfect Compliance: The Case of Domestic Violence. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2013, Volume 108, Issue 502, pg 504-513.
* Consumption and Social Identity: Evidence from India, joint with Melanie Khamis and Nishith Prakash. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2012, 83: 353-371. Media Coverage: Livemint
* Tax Evasion, Minimum Wage Non-compliance and Informality, joint with Arnab Basu and Nancy Chau. Research in Labor Economics, 2012, 34: 1-53.
* Evidence on Caste Based Discrimination. Labour Economics, 2011, 18(S1): S146-S159.
Older Working papers:
* Racial Differences in Fringe Benefits and Compensation, joint with Wallace Mok. IZA DP version: This is an early version of our work on racial inequality in the US which is superseded by `Racial and Ethnic Inequality in Employer Provided Fringe Benefits.’