Work in progress:
* Violence and risk preferences, joint with Ferdinand Vieider.
Working papers under review:
* Violence and the labor supply of married women in India.
* Are Drone Strikes Effective in Afghanistan and Pakistan, joint with David Jaeger. Earlier IZA DP version. CESifo Economic Studies, forthcoming.
Media Coverage: Foreign Policy.
* The Economic Payoff of Name Americanization (joint with Costanza Biavaschi and Corrado Giulietti), IZA DP version, Journal of Labor Economics, 2017, 35 (4), 1089-1116.
Media Coverage: Freakonomics blog, Chris Blattman, The Economist (1–2), Slate and Financial Times (March 31, 2014).
* Randomized control trials in an imperfect world, IZA World of Labor, 2014.
* Partially Identified Treatment Effects Under Imperfect Compliance: The Case of Domestic Violence, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2013, Volume 108, Issue 502, pg 504-513.
* Consumption and Social Identity: Evidence from India (joint with Melanie Khamis and Nishith Prakash), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2012, 83: 353-371. Media Coverage: Livemint
* Tax Evasion, Minimum Wage Non-compliance and Informality (joint with Arnab Basu and Nancy Chau), Research in Labor Economics, 2012, 34: 1-53.
* Evidence on Caste Based Discrimination, Labour Economics, 2011, 18(S1): S146-S159.
Older Working papers:
* Racial Differences in Fringe Benefits and Compensation, joint with Wallace Mok. IZA DP version: This is an early version of our work on racial inequality in the US which is superseded by `Racial and Ethnic Inequality in Employer Provided Fringe Benefits.’